NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, eight-session educational program for adults with mental health conditions who are looking to better understand themselves and their recovery.
Taught by trained leaders with lived experience, this program includes activities, discussions and informative videos. However, as with all NAMI programs, it does not include recommendations for treatment approaches.
Upcoming Online Courses
Saturdays, 1:30—3:30 p.m.
January 30—March 20, 2021
Call for more information:
What You’ll Gain
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a safe, confidential space. The course provides an opportunity for mutual support and growth. –experience, compassion and understanding from people who relate to your experiences. This is a place to learn more about recovery in an accepting environment.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer helps you:
- Set a vision and goals for the future
- Partner with health care providers
- Develop confidence for making decisions
- Practice relaxation and stress reduction tools
- Share your story
- Strengthen relationships
- Enhance communication skills
- Learn about mental health treatment options
Class 1: GETTING STARTED – MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY
- Explore different viewpoints of mental health and recovery.
- Create a personal vision statement.
Class 2: THE BRAIN AND THE BODY
- Learn about the relationship between mental health and overall physical health.
- Understand the impact of the environment and the brain on mental health conditions.
- SMART goals
Class 3: TELLING MY STORY
- Share personal stories.
- Explore the benefits and limitations of mental health diagnoses.
Class 4: STRENGTHENING RELATIONSHIPS
- Build connections with others.
- Improve communication skills.
Class 5: GROWING SUPPORT NETWORKS
- Build a nurturing circle of support.
Class 6: TOOLS FOR ENHANCING RECOVERY
- Respond to stress effectively.
- Learn about different types of therapies and medications.
- Look more closely at goals.
Class 7: MY STORY, MY STRENGTHS
- Understand personal stories in a new way.
- Prepare for conversations with mental health providers.
Class 8: MOVING FORWARD
- Revisit personal visions.
- Plan next steps