NAMI Teen Mentor Program
NAMI Teen Mentor Program encourages independence by providing education, support, and assistance to enable teens with a behavioral health struggle to meet their full potential.
We work with teens to develop goals designed around their needs and their vision for their future. Peer Specialists are an important part of our team, adding a layer that is crucial to the success of both the teen and their family.
The NAMI Teen Mentor Program is offered free of charge to teens 12-17 living in Palm Beach County.
What will my teen learn?
- Independent living skills
- Identifying and building on personal strengths
- Social skills
- Learning to budget and manage finances
- Developing strategies to minimize challenges
- Identifying skills, interests and qualifications
- Educational and vocational skills
- Community participation skills
- Recreational skills
- Accessing appropriate social groups
- Creating a community network of support