LEAP Training Boca
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
September 20-22, 2018
Dr. Xavier Amador, founder of LEAP Institute
(Listen-Empathize-Agree-Partner) and author of
I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help, will offer a LEAP Training at FAU Boca on September 20-22, 2018.
Registrants may choose to attend a 1-Day Course or 2-Day Training Certification at the LEAP Foundation’s training event to learn and teach others how to create relationships with persons with serious mental illnesses that lead to treatment and recovery.
Space is very limited; early bird registration is now available. Learn more here: https://leapinstitute.org.
Join us at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, to take the LEAP Course (Day I) taught by Dr. Xavier Amador & Dr. Jim Fix! And if you want to teach LEAP, stay for the Train The Trainer course & certification (Day II or Day III) also taught by Dr. Amador!
AGENDA: Each day (registration 8:30 am) 9:30 am to 4 pm EST
Day 1 (September 20): LEAP Course—Professionals and Family, Friends and Peers together
Day 2 (September 21): LEAP TTT Certification – Professionals Only
Day 3 (September 22): LEAP TTT Certification—Family, Friends and Peers Only
Day I (September 20): LEAP Course—Early bird $175* (Reg. $250)
Day I (September 20): LEAP Course with CEUs—Early bird $205* (Reg. $280)
Day II (September 21): LEAP TTT Certification—Early bird $275* (Reg. $350)
** CEU Credits are available for Florida Licensed LCSWs, LMHCs, LMFTs and Psychologists
Family, Friends and Peers
Day I (September 20): LEAP Course—Early bird $50* (Reg. $75)
Day III (September 22): LEAP TTT Certification—Early bird $150* (Reg. $225)
* Early bird discount ends August 15th.
LEAP Course (1st Day)—learn the LEAP® Approach
- Identify Anosognosia vs. “Denial”
- Lower anger, resistance and defensiveness
- Re-establish broken relationships/ alliances
- Create an alliance/relationship that leads to treatment
- Learning and practicing the 7 LEAP® Communication Tools
- Cutting edge science-based practices
- Updated Anosognosia Research
- “I’M NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help” book
- Interactive role plays
Train The Trainer (TTT) Certification (Additional Day)—learn to teach the LEAP® Approach
Enroll in both days (LEAP Course & TTT Certification) to become a Certified LEAP® Trainer, and join a national network of Mental Health & Healthcare Professionals, Family Caregivers, Peer Specialists and Criminal Justice Professionals.
- Receive a detailed LEAP Trainer Manual and Training Materials
- Slides and Handouts needed to teach LEAP are provided
- Receive ongoing training and feedback from Dr. Amador and senior LEAP Institute Faculty
- Access to TTT Webinars and Conferences
Who Should Attend?
Mental Health & Healthcare Professionals, Family Caregivers, Peer Specialists and Criminal Justice Professionals.
*On Sunday, September 23rd, a limited number of private consultations will be available for a $5,000 donation to the LEAP Foundation. Contact Brenda Astarita for more information: Brenda@leapfoundation.center
Thank you to our partners: