Join the Team!
Family Peer Support Specialist
Email cover letter and resume to Marsha Martino at firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School degree or equivalent
- Lived experience as an adult who has a family member with a mental health condition for a minimum of two years
- Certified Recovery Peer Specialist- Family credential, or ability to obtain certification within first year of employment
- Experience with mental illness/behavioral health struggles of individuals and their families. Experience with navigation of services, programs, resources for individuals living with mental illness and their families.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as an advocate for individuals and their families, as appropriate; encourage and support self- advocacy
- Provide outreach intervention and referral services through the distribution of materials, information, education, linkage to community services and prevention messages in individual and/or group settings
- Work as a liaison between individual/family and criminal justice services, hospitals, mental health facilities, etc.
- Work with individuals in 1:1 sessions in office and community settings
- Document program participant sessions, time sheets, and reports and other documentation as required by agency and funder
- Attend ongoing training that will benefit program participants and their families
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Technical/Motor Skills:
- Ability to operate computers and computer keyboards.
- Ability to communicate effectively through telephone and email conversations
- Ability to type, documents, and print documents.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to answer telephones and respond to requests in a friendly manner.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of written and spoken word.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to accurately represent the philosophy, services and educational programs of NAMI/PBC to individuals, groups and the general public.
- Promotes coordination of programs, services, staff and volunteers through facilitation of communication, teamwork, and sharing of resources and ideas.
- Promotes an office culture that builds on collaborative problem-solving and mutual respect.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, repetitive motion of wrist, hands and/or fingers, reach, push and pull.
Essential Mental Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure in a professional manner.
- Ability to present and readily understand concepts both written and verbal.
Other Essential Requirements:
- Ability to pass Level 2 security clearance and maintain confidential information.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
NAMI Palm Beach County does not discriminate in recruitment, employment, nor policy administration on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or political affiliation.