Message about COVID-19 from NAMI Palm Beach County
Updated Message about COVID-19 from NAMI Palm Beach County
April 2, 2020
Dear NAMI Friend,
The COVID-19 pandemic has our attention as I am sure it has yours. With respect and concern for our community, many of our programs and services have been canceled in accordance with physical distancing recommendations.
Our board and staff have also made the decision to cancel the 2020 Destination Dinner: NAMI Goes to Broadway on Friday, May 8, 2020. Although we are saddened to miss an opportunity to gather together with the NAMI Family, please know that we are thinking of you and are working every day to better serve our community during this pandemic. During this trying time, NAMI PBC is continuing and modifying our services to better ease isolation:
- Support Groups: Our in-person groups will not take place, but they have been replaced by virtual groups with a revised schedule. Click for more information.
- General Meetings: The NAMI General Meetings will be held via Zoom. Click for more information. The March General Meeting on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy was recorded and is available on the landing page of our website: namipbc.org.
- Check-in Calls: As a way of maintaining the health and well-being of our community members, we have decided to set up a check-in service to stay in touch with you and what needs NAMI can help to meet during these challenging times. For more information call the NAMI PBC office at 561-588-3477 or visit: https://namipbc.org/check-in-calls
- Peer Mentoring: Mentors are still conducting one-on-one virtual meetings with peers via phone.
- NAMI Resource Line: We are still taking calls from individuals who are looking for help navigating the mental health resources in Palm Beach County. For assistance please call the NAMI PBC office at: 561-588-3477.
Even though this year’s Destination Dinner has been canceled, please consider a donation of equal value to the price of the ticket ($55) or a table ($550). Your financial donation will be used to continue and bolster our virtual services during this stressful time and after the pandemic, when our programs and services will be vital to many people’s recovery.
Thank you for being a part of the NAMI family and stay mentally and physically healthy.
Florida Department of Health
Palm Beach County Updates
School District of Palm Beach County
NAMI National Updates
Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Homes and Residential Communities (CDC)
Mental Health Tips and Resources
Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty-AFSP
Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (Los Angeles Department of Mental Health)
Mental Health Consideration During COVID-19 (World Health Organization)
Feeling Anxiety About Coronavirus? A Psychologist Offers Tips to Stay Clearheaded (University of California San Francisco)
How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus (New York Times)
If you or someone you love is experiencing a mental health emergency or crisis, there is help. Call 911 for emergencies. For resources and support contact 211.
Click here for more crisis hotlines and hospitals.